Perry Mason is one of the most recognizable fictional lawyers out there, with his name being synonymous with expert legal analysis and catching out people in lies.
So let’s go through a watch order compilation to work out the best way to watch the TV movies for Perry Mason.
How Many Perry Mason Movies Are There?
There are 35 Perry Mason movies, mainly made for TV movies. They are generally focused on a single case and follow it from start to finish, being self-contained episodes similar to Columbo.
- The Case of the Howling Dog
- The Case of the Curious Bride
- The Case of the Lucky Legs
- The Case of the Velvet Claws
- The Case of the Black Cat
- The Case of the Stuttering Bishop
- Perry Mason Returns
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Notorious Nun
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Shooting Star
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Lost Love
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Sinister Spirit
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Murdered Madam
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Scandalous Scoundrel
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Avenging Ace
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Lethal Lesson
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Musical Murder
- Perry Mason: The Case of the All-Star Assassin
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Poisoned Pen
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Desperate Deception
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Silenced Singer
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Defiant Daughter
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Ruthless Reporter
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Maligned Mobster
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Glass Coffin
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Fatal Fashion
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Fatal Framing
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Reckless Romeo
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Heartbroken Bride
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Skin-Deep Scandal
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Telltale Talk Show Host
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Killer Kiss
- A Perry Mason Mystery: The Case of the Wicked Wives
- A Perry Mason Mystery: The Case of the Lethal Lifestyle
- A Perry Mason Mystery: The Case of the Grimacing Governor
- A Perry Mason Mystery: The Case of the Jealous Jokester
Perry Mason in Order (Watch Order Fully Explained)
As each episode is self-contained, there is no real need to follow any watch order, but given that characters such as Ken and Della are added it would make more sense just to watch them in release date order as per the below list.
1. The Case of the Howling Dog
Perry Mason is asked to help out with a nuisance dog and also become executor of a will, but all is not as it seems.
2. The Case of the Curious Bride
After an old flame gets slapped with bigamy and murder charges, Perry Mason is on the case and immediately has to cancel his much-needed vacation time.
3. The Case of the Lucky Legs
A scandal involving a dead con man and beauty pageants that crown the best looking legs leads Perry Mason to pursue the missing money and get to the bottom of the scalpel through the heart.
4. The Case of the Velvet Claws
After getting his honeymoon interrupted, Perry Mason is forced to take on the case of a desperate woman who holds him at gunpoint until he agrees to help her. However, her desperation seems warranted despite facing additional charges for kidnapping Mason.
5. The Case of the Black Cat
A suspicious last minute rewriting of a millionaire’s will and a shady lawyer cause Perry Mason to think there is something more going on, especially when the lawyer gets quite catty about the caretaker’s cat.
6. The Case of the Stuttering Bishop
After an Australian bishop approaches Perry Mason with a thorny issue involving a missing heir to a millionaire’s fortun, he has to help if he could only calm the bishop down to get him to speak in a more intelligible way.
7. Perry Mason Returns
Another day, another associate of Mason gets caught up in a murder plot, and Mason has to use he skills to help out his former secretary get out from under the murder wrap. This even causes Mason to put aside his dreams of being a judge, but Mason won’t stand for injustice.
8. Perry Mason: The Case of the Notorious Nun
A sex scandal between a nun and priest gets even steamier once the priest is found murdered, with the nun being the number one suspect, but Mason suspects otherwise.
9. Perry Mason: The Case of the Shooting Star
After a gun supposedly meant to hold blanks ends up killing someone on air, an actor is caught up with his prank that has backfired, although the show’s host has something to do with it as well.
10. Perry Mason: The Case of the Lost Love
A blackmailer is found dead and his target is a former lover of Mason. However, when the husband of the victim finds the blackmailer dead as he is on his way to pay them off, he is arrested for murder.
Perry Mason suspects that his old flame’s upcoming prestigious job appointment may have got someone else envious, and led to the framing of her to sabotage her role
11. Perry Mason: The Case of the Sinister Spirit
After famous horror writer David Hall plays tricks on his private assistant, an actress, a fortune-teller, and two hotel staffers, he is thrown from the hotel’s high tower.
After the owner and manager of the hotel witnesses the fall and sees Perry’s publisher friend Jordan White at the tower, Jordan is arrested and Perry is on the case.
12. Perry Mason: The Case of the Murdered Madam
After Perry gets involved in an apparent murder for blackmail of the wife of a friend, they have to find a recording of the meeting to get to the bottom of it. Instead, they uncover that the wife’s past is not all it seems and could be part of the murder.
13. Perry Mason: The Case of the Scandalous Scoundrel
Perry Mason gets involved with a defamation case for a newspaper after they publish lies about him, only to discover that the newspaper has picked battles with many others, threatening them with dirt.
After the editor is found dead floating in his pool, a recently fired reporter is arrested for the crime but Perry’s reputation is at stake, and he wants to do more than just solve the murder.
However the other suspects just want the spotlight off them and block Mason’s attempts to get to the bottom of it.
14. Perry Mason: The Case of the Avenging Ace
After Perry Mason comes across a new witness for the defense of an appeal he is handling, the witness is threatened and then murdered.
However, the main victim is on the sharp end of a real estate deal with the employer of the defendant over a plot of land, only to find out that the list of possible suspects is huge given that the employer is the United States military.
15. Perry Mason: The Case of the Lethal Lesson
A law student in Perry Mason’s class finds out that his girlfriend was assaulted by a fellow student.
After Ken Malansky rushes to confront the scumbag and finds him dead, it turns out that the murder weapon was Ken’s own knife. Mason is caught in a bind: not only is Malansky his student, but the victim was known to him.
16. Perry Mason: The Case of the Musical Murder
After a young theater director gets caught up in drama way beyond what he signed up for, he is accused of having murdered a famous director of a Broadway musical, and Perry Mason is keen to get involved as he smells that something is not all as it seems.
17. Perry Mason: The Case of the All-Star Assassin
Thatcher Horton owns some sports teams that Bobby Spencer is a hockey player on.
After a deal went bad between the two of them, Spencer threatened Horton and the latter ends up dead, with the murder weapon found in Bobby’s possession, seeing him charged with murder.
Horton has a lot of enemies and Mason has his work cut out for him but the killer seems like he had some kind of professional training, so Mason suspects something else is up.
18. Perry Mason: The Case of the Poisoned Pen
An author turns up dead, his history of plagiarism means the list of people with a grudge against him are long, including numerous colleagues who have expressed anger after finding out about it.
19. Perry Mason: The Case of the Desperate Deception
The son of an old friend is accused of killing an ex-officer of the Nazi SS, and while the case is murky, in the end Perry Mason must defend the friend from the murder charge.
20. Perry Mason: The Case of the Silenced Singer
A husband and manager of a pop star, this role clash leads to conflict but also ends up with the singer dead. Getting to the bottom of this case is going to be tricky due to the apparent guilt of the husband.
21. Perry Mason: The Case of the Defiant Daughter
A complex case involving a notorius blackmailer and a suspicious suicide of his victim, a call from Las Vegas asks Perry Mason to defend her father who she says is wrongly accused of killing his brother.
22. Perry Mason: The Case of the Ruthless Reporter
After the main anchor Brett Huston is shot dead with Gillian Pope’s gun and therefore she is arrested for the crime, Mason is called up.
After finding out that Huston is hated by everyone at the station, the list of suspects is going to be really hard to narrow down, and with Mason’s investigative team getting too close to them, Mason will have to rally the troops to get them to focus on the task.
23. Perry Mason: The Case of the Maligned Mobster
A Perry Mason speciality is seeing past the prejudice and obvious (but wrong) answer and defending the innocent. While in this situation he is dealing with a gangster who is guilty of other crimes, he is wrongly accused of murdering his wife so Mason takes it on.
24. Perry Mason: The Case of the Glass Coffin
A famous magician David Katz is supporting a charity gala with his work, with Perry Mason in attendance. His assistant Kate is pregnant after a one night stand, and she blackmails David with this.
During the event, Kate’s dead body falls to the ground out of one of the acts, the Glass Coffin.
25. Perry Mason: The Case of the Fatal Fashion
Dyan Draper destroys other people’s careers at the stroke of a pen in her magazine job. She doesn’t leave it there, as she also terrorizes her employers
One of her upcoming targets, Lauren Jeffreys, tries to stop Draper by confronting her at her house, only to find her dead, with Mason taking the case.
Another storyline emerges with Mason’s associate, Ken, coming up against Albert Nardone, a crime mobster who is also involved in the case.
26. Perry Mason: The Case of the Fatal Framing
A painter hoping to cash in on a post-death bump to the value of his work fakes his death, but then actually ends up dead a few hours later.
27. Perry Mason: The Case of the Reckless Romeo
After an actor Roxanne Shield makes a televised death threat against talk show host Ted Mayne after he writes a book dishing dirt on celebrities, Ted is found murdered.
After witnesses seem to put Roxanne outside his apartment that night, Perry Mason takes on the case.
28. Perry Mason: The Case of the Heartbroken Bride
Perry Mason goes to a wedding, only to be in the right place at the wrong time when the uncle of the groom is found dead..
29. Perry Mason: The Case of the Skin-Deep Scandal
The owner of a cosmetics company reveals that her real age is 60 after unveiling a new cream that she credits with making her appear so youthful. Soon after she ends up dead, with her husband arrested, seeing Perry defend him.
30. Perry Mason: The Case of the Telltale Talk Show Host
Dr Sheila Carlin is getting harrassed and asked for help, enlisting the help of Mason through Della.
Trying to flush out the person, an interview is arranged with the station chief only for him to anger the other talk show hosts, ending up dead.
31. Perry Mason: The Case of the Killer Kiss
After actress Kris Buckner realizes she is going to be replaced by co-star Mark Stratton, she makes a death threat only for Stratton to be killed by poison.
Perry Mason knows Buckner and defends her, getting helped by Ken who gets a lead off a fan of the show.
32. A Perry Mason Mystery: The Case of the Wicked Wives
After finding out that all the former models are also famed photographer David Morrison’s former wives. After his current wife Dee catches David in an inappropriate situation with his assistant, she leaves the shoot with David later found dead.
33. A Perry Mason Mystery: The Case of the Lethal Lifestyle
When a sleazy interviewer is found dead, the chess player he was pressuring to get an interview from is the prime suspect. Perry Mason was supposed to be in attendance, so takes on the case.
34. A Perry Mason Mystery: The Case of the Grimacing Governor
After a politcian running for an election is murdered, the incumbent Governor Ryan Allison is a suspect only for him to be murdered as well.
35. A Perry Mason Mystery: The Case of the Jealous Jokester
A controversial television personality Josie Joplin seems to spend her time blazing away at both friends and rivals, with her production assistant receiving a message from Joplin to go to a hotel room finding Joplin dead and herself as the prime suspect.
MORE FROM VOICE FILM